2022-03-25 · 1 min read
- Linkerd is a service mesh for kubernetes.
- Proxies all inbound and outbound communication for every pod.
- Adds security, observability, and reliability features to every pod transparently.
- Add Linkerd to get instant
- API health metrics (request rate, success rate, error rate, latency, volume, etc...) without changing application code.
- Reliability features (latency-aware load balancing, request retries, timeouts, blue-green deploys).
- Service routing (deployment-aware routing, locality-aware routing, etc...)
- "Minimalist" design
- Their core "micro-proxy" uses Rust : )