2022-03-25 · 1 min read
Compose multiple Docker containers.
- Tool for defining and running multi-container Docker apps and services.
- Declarative YAML file describes all services, what stuff they expose, and which services they connect to.
- Manage full lifecycle of application (1) start, stop, rebuild, (2) view status, (3) stream logs, (4) run ad-hoc commands.
Use Cases #
- Local dev environment. If you have a big complex microservice app, you can describe it with docker compose and run it locally.
- Automated CI/CD test suite. Easily spin up your application, run integration tests, and spin down in an isolated CI-friendly environment.
- Single host deployment. First two are primary use cases, but docker compose also supports production single-host deployments.